- Chord tones (Phil Mann) — 40m
- Diminished triads in all inversions around the cycle, spelling the notes out loud (40bpm), silently (60bpm)
- Major and minor triads in all inversions around the cycle at 80bpm without stopping, only saying the root
- Walking bass lines (Scott Devine) — 50m
- Partido Alto (Latin pattern from George Lopez & David Keif book) over Autumn Leaves in D-
- Recap ii — V — I lines in G-, over Autumn Leaves in G-
- Ghost notes exercise
Latin patterns are a ton of fun! You can take one and play it over a jazz standard that and it will make it sound completely different. Also it’s just so much fun to play (not only to a backing track, but also to a raw clave).