Chord tones / Left hand / Comping
- All inversions of 7th chords over standard: All Of Me in G, C
- 1-5-10-7-1-3-5 LH + Shells over All Of Me in C
- Elvis — Can’t Help Falling In Love (1-5-10 + extensions, inversions, voice leading)
Always build the interpretation up from simple block chords!
- Chord tones (Phil Mann) — 40m
- All triads in all inversions around the cycle (70bpm)
- All 7th chords in all inversions around the cycle (70bpm)
- Walking bass lines + chord tones
- Soloing workshop: asc / desc arpeggios over Autumn Leaves in G-
- ii — V — I patterns
- 7th chord inversions over Autumn Leaves in G-
Struggling a bit with playing inversions backwards, especially in the context at high tempos. Need to work on it next time!